Thursday, June 12, 2008

Purdy!

Back from Camp Barnabas and there is so much I want to say but cant in this post. Camp Barnabas is truely unexplainable because so much happens you cant even begen to express in words. But there is one story I can tell that I think will just show a glimpse of the outstanding love these camper's have.

So I met this camper named James. James was about 25 years old but had the mind of a 7 year old. Theres one thing you have to know about James before anything else: He was probably one of the sweetest guys you would ever meet in your life. He would stand up to sing in front of the whole camp everynight and would leave me flowers at my table after every meal with cute little notes attached telling me to have a good day, That I looked realyl pretty, or that I was his favorite barnstormer. One day he asked me to be his date for the dance that night. Everynight they would have a party at camp barnabas just to pump up the campers and have alittle fun and that night was the feista themed dance. during the dance he leaned over and asked me if I wanted to know a secret. Of course being the curious person I am, I said sure. Then he said something I think I will never forget. He said he loved Camp Barnabis because of the way I, and everyone there, had been looking at him - like he was normal and no one ever looks at him like that.

I think that moment was the first time I really truely broke down in tears that week. After getting to know these amazing people you couldnt help but cry. They were so open and loving and its sad because I guess I have to wonder why I cant be like that. I can honestly say those campers toke a peice of my heart and I wouldnt have it any other way. Camp Barnabas is truely like a heaven on Earth, no where can come close to comparing to it.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So this is the blog I have heard about, now I can look and see whats going on in that little head of yours :) Anyway, it sounds like you a great trip and I cant wait to hear all about it soon. Amazing post..keep it up.

-Jake.