Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Perfection is overrated :D

Sorry blog world for neglecting you lately but i have reasons. Lately i have been struggling with some stuff. I feel like everyone expects me to be perfect. To have to perfect grades, perfect things to say, the perfect everything. I have been really stressed lately about this but early this morning when i was having my quiet time with god i came across this verse:

"As for God, his way is perfect;
the word of the LORD is flawless.
He is a shield for all who take refuge in him.

For who is God besides the LORD ?
And who is the Rock except our God?

It is God who arms me with strength
and makes my way perfect."

After reading that it is was like another one of those holy slaps in the face. I realized I don't need to perfect because no matter how much i try i will never be. No one is perfect and that's what makes us special. We each have or own trials and difficulties but if we didn't then what would we need god for? He gave us problems for a reason. So we can grow in a relationship with him. He wants us to run to him for help and no matter how much we try to run and hide from these problems if they are meant to be they will happen sooner or later. Lord help we to realize that i shouldn't be ashamed of not being perfect because no one is perfect, except you. I want to be able to tell people that my life wasn't perfect but because i had you i got through all the road bumps. Help me not to strive to try and be what everyone else wants but just to be me and let the chips fall where they may because no matter what problems i face i can always run to you and you will hold me through it all. You are my God, my spirit, my protector, my best friend, my father, and so much more. Help me not to forget everything happens for a reason and no matter how bad it is at that moment, time is only temporary and today's problems is tomorrow's memories.

2 comments:

Amy said...

:-) Amen... take it form someone who put a lot of pressure to be perfect. we are not defined by what we do but rather who we are in Him! love you girl

JESUS FREAK :) said...

That was really good!
It made me think!
Love Ya!
Emma